Sales Negotiator (Maternity Cover)
Website ACO Technologies plc
ACO Water Management
SALES NEGOTIATOR (up to 12 months, maternity cover contract)
The Sales Negotiator will work as part of a highly driven team, selling market leading ACO Water Management branded products, responding to client enquiries & identifying opportunities to help achieve the team’s individual sales target, create quotations and support the AWM external sales force.
You will provide a professional sales orientated service built around excellent product knowledge and understanding of our client base.
- Working in conjunction with the external sales team, being office based, providing quotations, project updates and negotiating orders.
- To develop a high standard of product knowledge.
- To work as part of a team in order to meet and exceed clients’ expectations by answering telephone calls and processing the outcome through the relevant CRM system following set procedures and the Trading Policy.
- Updating and tracking project leads.
- Checking prices prior to processing and updating relevant systems as and when required.
- Liaising with the external sales team on client, product and price issues.
- Building relationships with area stockists and contractors to the benefit of ACO.
- Resolution of client queries.
- Attending relevant meetings.
- Accurate reporting of client complaints to Divisional Director for ACO Water Management.
- Occasional field visits with external sales team & occasional assistance with exhibitions and seminars.
- Providing client sales reports as requested to external sales team in conjunction with the other members of the sales office team
Maths to GCSE level, grade A-C.
English to GCSE level, grade A-C.
Knowledge and experience
Experience in a commercial business to business environment.
Knowledge and experience of construction industry sales is preferred but not essential.
Experience in a busy sales environment dealing with both inbound and outbound telephone calls.
Experience in creating and chasing BtoB quotes.
Personal skills and behaviours
- Ability to build excellent client relationships.
- Customer focus and commercial awareness.
- Ability to make prospective sales calls and follow up sales calls.
- Ability to identify opportunities to up sell and cross sell.
- Follow up any selling opportunities – tenacity in quote chasing and conversion.
- Good telephone manner, ability to explain in a clear and logical manner.
- Ability to handle difficult calls to a positive outcome.
- Organised to meet deadlines.
- Excellent administrative skills and accuracy.
- IT literacy (Microsoft Office and CRM system).
- Team worker – supportive of good team atmosphere.
- Completer – finisher.
- Polite and helpful to both clients and colleagues.
- Honesty and integrity at the basis of all actions.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to seek continous improvement.
- Flexibility – thinking in solutions not problems.
- Working for ACO
ACO is the leading brand for surface water drainage systems throughout the world. ACO Technologies plc, part of the ACO Group, serves as the Company for the UK & Ireland. There are two major divisions: ACO Water Management and ACO Building Drainage.
Working at ACO is working in a culture of entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and high standards with the freedom to create your own job satisfaction through ownership and continuous improvement.
Openness and honesty are key characteristics to working at ACO as this creates a friendly, flexible environment where colleagues are keen to share information and work together to achieve the best results.
This role is to cover maternity leave and will up to 12 months on a fixed term contract.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org