Area Sales Manager (Heavy side Building Products) – East Midlands/ West Midlands – SRS
Website SRS Recruitment Solutions
AREA SALES MANAGER- HEAVYSIDE BUILDING PRODUCTS
Vacancy No 3322
We are retained by one of the world’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of building products who, due to continued success in the UK marketplace, are seeking to recruit a professional Area Sales Manager to join their team in the Midlands.
Our Client is recognized as being one of the strongest brands in the construction industry and supplies builder’s merchants, housing developers and distributors throughout the UK and overseas with technically superior products. They specialise in the manufacture and supply of quality building materials.
This is an exciting time for our Client’s business and they are looking to further strengthen their position in the construction industry in line with the recent growth of the sector in the UK. They have a vacancy for an experienced Area Sales Manager selling to merchants, distributors, developers, contractors and specifiers to maximise the company’s potential in the assigned territories. This is a key role for developing and driving sales forward on all product ranges across a wide market spectrum within this fast moving successful customer focused business. The main purpose of the role will be to maximise the commercial objectives of the business in designated market sectors and seek out profitable new business opportunities
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a robust sales plan for the general market that seeks to develop new business opportunities whilst exploiting existing accounts to their fullest potential, in order grow market share and profit.
- Determine and secure the stock requirements necessary to deliver the sales plan while ensuring working capital investment is minimised.
- Translate the sales plan into targets and work programmes that detail levels of customer contact.
- Ensure market trends as defined by customer, supplier and competitor activity, are fully understood so as to exploit and negotiate opportunities as identified in the sales plan.
- Monitor daily sales, performance in order to ensure sales plan targets are met.
- Monitor the growth of accounts in order to identify when they may be better suited to formal account management arrangements and manage their transfer accordingly.
- Delivery of CPD’s to architects/specifiers and training of branch staff to raise the profile of Catnic
- Ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy and in particular to set performance improvement objectives and to develop and implement programmes to support their achievement.
- Ensure that operations, including those undertaken on the Company’s behalf by third party service providers, are conducted in manner that fully complies with Tata Steel health and safety, quality, environmental and corporate policies.
Key Performance Areas
Quality & Delivery
-Account retention & growth
-Customer service adherence
-Enquiry response time
-No. of accounts
-No. accounts grown to Account Management size
-Personal development plans
-Performance against objectives
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Commercial Policy
- Commercial organisation & contacts
- Competition law
- Inventory policy for major customers
- Microsoft Office
- Project Management tools
- Lotus Notes application
- Local commercial & planning software
- Communication processes
- Absence control
- Product knowledge
- Product standards
- Quality management & business systems
NEGOTIABLE + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
EAST MIDLANDS/ WEST MIDLANDS
To apply or to find out more call Hayley Reynolds on 01234 826450 Ext 8 or follow the link below to contact via email. Please remember to reference the Vacancy Number 3322 for this position.
Tel No 01234 826450 Ext 8
We are constantly seeking candidates within the Construction Material Sales Sector in the following roles:
Sales Manager, Account Manager, Area Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Specification Sales Executive, Specification Sales Manager, Branch Manager, Field Sales, Account Executive, Key Account Manager, Field Sales Executive, Field Sales Representative, National Account Manager, Account Executive, Territory Sales Executive, Area Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, Internal Sales, Sales Office Manager, Key Accounts Sales, National Account Sales, National Sales Manager and Sales Director.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com