Area Sales Manager – Rainwater & Skyline – South West & South Wales
Website Alumasc Water Management Solutions
Job Title: Area Sales Manager – Rainwater & Skyline – South West & South Wales
Hours: Full time – 39hrs per week
Geographical Area: Devon, Cornwall, Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Avon, Gloucestershire, Gwent, Glamorgan, Dyfed, Powys
Reporting to: Pete Wainer (National Sales Manager – Rainwater)
Promote the Alumasc Water Management Solutions market leading range of Alumasc Rainwater and Skyline products and hit agreed sales targets, this would be mainly via Merchants and Contractors, a good knowledge of specification sales is also required.
1. Key Activites
Raise awarness, generate sales and hit agreed targets for the Alumasc Rainwater and Skyline Brands, working closely with other members of the team both internally and externally.
The succesful candidate would require a good knowledge of Merchants & Distributors both National and Independent as well as main and sub-contractors in the given market sector. Generate and track project related quotations and sucesfully convert into orders. Competency in specifcation sales and an awareness of specifiers within the area.
Specific duties would include:
- Raise the Alumasc Water Management Solutions profile within the given Geographical area, its existing stockist base, setting up business plans and sharing project information and assist and agree stock profiles resulting in sales growth.
- Grow Sales within agreed Independent Merchant Buying Groups.
- Grow Sales within agreed National Merchant Groups.
- Raise the companies profile with Main contractors working within agreed sectors including specialist installers.
- Develop existing relationships and create new ones so that Alumasc Rainwater & Skyline remains or becomes the customers 1st choice for our range of products.
- Have an understanding of the specification process with Architects
- Have an understanding of the various contract types and the decision makers within the procurement process.
- Where necessary, assist other parts of the AWMS business.
- Be professional and competent at presenting to a large audience, by delivering training presentations to stockists, product presentations to contractors or CPD presentations to Consultants or Architects
- Be able to negotiate prices within agreed perimeters to give the company the best margin opportunities
- Dealing with customers day to day requirements.
- A knowledge of reading site Drawings would be helpful
- Ability to competently complete site surveys so quotations can be produced and orders raised as a direct result.
- Ensure accurate data is inputted into the CRM system and that it is kept up to date.
- Relevant reports to be completed in the timescales provided.
2. Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Self motivated individual who can work well either on their own or in a team.
Ability to manage own area, introduce tailored customer business plans to drive sales forward.
Clean drivers licence is essential.
Competent IT skills are required, will need to know how to use MS Office & Outlook.
Good communication skills with a friendly approach are needed.
Ability to work under pressure with an excellent attention to detail is a must.
Sound commercial acumen and an ability to communicate with colleagues and customers to assist the closing of sales oppurtunities.
A high degree of professionalism and a good understanding of specifier,contractor and merchant relationships is required, with the ability to communicate at each of these levels where necessary.
Ability to prioritise work according to demand and work alongside colleagues internally and externally to deliver customer service excellence.
There will be a holiday entitlement of 25 days per annum, plus normal statutory holidays with pay (pro-rata dependent on working days). A set number of days (up to 5 days) from your entitlement are required to be set aside each year to cover the business close down over the Christmas period. The balance of your holidays should be taken, by agreement with the management, generally a maximum of ten working days at any one time.
The holiday year runs from January to December, and holidays are pro-rata to service in your first year.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org