Assistant Depot Manager – Yorkshire – SRS Recruitment Solutions
Website SRS Recruitment Solutions
ASSISTANT DEPOT MANAGER – TIMBER PRODUCTS – YORKSHIRE
Vacancy No 3441
We are retained by a leading INDEPENDENT TIMBER MERCHANT, who, due to continued success, is seeking to recruit a professional ASSISTANT DEPOT MANAGER to join and support their team in their Depot in YORKSHIRE.
Reporting to: Managing Director
To develop and manage their branch team and to provide the highest levels of customer service, in order to maximize the sales and profitability of the Depot, and to assist with the general every day running of the business.
Key Results Areas
- Assist the Directors to ensure all Targets are met:- including Sales, Margin, Profit, Working Capital, Debtor Days, Stock Holding, PPI’s, Shrinkage
- Ensure Depot is compliant with all Health and Safety Standards and legislation
- Achieve Excellent Business Controls as defined by the Company
- Ensure all Monthly Customer Service KPI’s are reviewed and Standards maintained and improved
- Support, Recruit, Motivate, Appraise, Coach, Develop and help raise the performance standards of the Depot Team
- Take responsibility for Depot Standards and upkeep of the site
- Reporting of all incidents including Health & Safety and Environmental
- Dealing with suppliers, and buying materials
- Build both supplier and customer relationships to improve the sales and margin capability of the Depot.
- Logistics / deliveries / transport
- Stock Control
- Ensure key tasks are prioritized and reorganized, if needed, to meet frequently changing deadlines/demands.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Timber knowledge (Essential )
- Customer Focused
- Problem Solving
- PC Literate – Familiar with Microsoft Packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- People Management – Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Multi-tasking – Ability to lead from the front, with a hands on approach
- Experience of Team Building
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Excellent Administration Skills
- Experience of working in a pressurized environment
- Proven Sales and Customer Service background
- Leadership skills in a sales environment
- Commercial Awareness
- Credit Management Awareness
- Report writing skills
- Ability to make decisions
As this is a rapidly growing company, they are able to offer an extremely attractive salary package along with excellent benefits and career progression opportunities to the right Candidate.
Location/Area – YORKSHIRE
Salary – NEGOTIABLE
Benefits – NEGOTIABLE
To apply or to find out more contact consultant Fiona Hamilton 01234 826450 Ext 5 or follow the link below to email. Please remember to refer to the Vacancy No 3441 when applying for this position.
We are constantly seeking candidates within the Construction Material Sales Sector in the following roles: Sales Manager, Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Specification Sales Executive, Specification Sales Manager, Branch Manager, Field Sales, Account Executive, Key Account Manager, Field Sales Executive, Field Sales Representative, National Account Manager, Account Executive, Territory Sales Executive, Area Sales Manager and National Sales Manager.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com