Automation Engineer – Sanem ,Luxembourg – knauf insulation
Website knauf insulation
The Automation Engineer will be introduced in the RMW software technology by the Engineering Manager for Automation.
The Goal is to learn the logic of control for a RMW line resp. plant. They will put together control packages, scopes and will also be responsible to manage and archive engineering and design documentation.
Later on they will be a part of the commissioning team on site. By mid term, this Automation Engineer will be part of the maintenance team of the new plant, to guarantee with their knowledge, a high efficiency line.
- Deliver P&ID’s together with the Mechanical Technology Engineering Managers for the different processes in RMW
- Deliver functional descriptions together with the Mechanical Technology Engineering Managers for the different processes in RMW
- Develop and define operational concepts.
- Develop and define SCADA pictures.
- Develop and define internal operation network.
- Develop and maintain engineering standards and practices, which are already within the department, update guideline documents when needed
- Deliver and verification of scope specifications / requirements with Technology Engineering Managers in order to lead the design of electrical systems and prevent scope / design changes
- Keep relationships with outside manufacturers and vendors in order to facilitate design and staying up to date with new technologies
- Validate tendering and deliver bid comparisons for several scopes.
- Validate intermediate and final as build documentation (software, operation manual)
- Archive engineering and design information, drawings, software and related reference lists for each scope package.
- Manage suppliers and their scope from automation point of view.
- Supervise the commissioning of scope packages.
- Support in problem solving of deficiencies.
- Finally improve the control systems of the whole line over a certain period, means closing the gap between process and the logic of control.
- Control of the sensitive equipment, being able to avoid a stop of the line. Act as trouble shooter in case of a line shutdown.
1st year based in Visé, Belgium, with very frequent trips to Skofia Loka, Slovenia. Ideally, the candidate could also be located in Slovenia for a few months.
Later on based in Sanem, Luxemburg
- Bachelor in automation engineering
- 5 -10 + years of experience
- Excellent English, German and French skills
- Must be able to work appropriately as an automation, be self-motivated and be able to work unsupervised as well.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team with engineering and Project managers; work within deadlines and adjust external resources as required.
- Having the ability to create and maintain a positive relationship
- Being organized in archiving documents (supported by different software tools)
- To be assertive and have self-confidence in presenting and supporting conclusions, having communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize work (different projects and technologies)
- Having a good knowledge of computer software tools (Siemens Automation S7/1500, WINCC, AutoCAD, MS office, …)
- Ability to be a creative thinker; willingness to try new approaches.
- A challenging job in an international environment
- An opportunity to develop your career
- A competitive salary and fringe benefits
Please follow the link below to learn more and apply for this position
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.knaufinsulation.com/careers/automation-engineer-mf →