Branch Administrator – Banbury – John Nicholls
Responsible to: Lightside Area Manager/Head of Administration
Responsible for: No staff
Based: Banbury Plumbing branch
Hours of work: 8.30am – 2.30pm (Monday to Friday)
Job Purpose: To ensure that all trading processes are shown accurately on the system, monitoring the data and identifying, resolving and communicating discrepancies.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
– Ensure cash balances with the cash drawer report on a daily basis, investigate and report on overs/unders supported by internal notes.
- Order Monitor:
- Orders for delivery/collection should be for the current day, and if not, investigate and amend as necessary.
- Ensure stock due date is correct on the system for orders awaiting stock, liaising with the supplier, customer and sales as appropriate.
- Investigate Parked Orders and monitor daily until completion.
- Ensure that all tickets marked as collected or delivered are at invoicing stage and issued.
- Ensure all orders on the system awaiting payment or balance payment are paid.
- Ensure there are no branch transfers older than the current day to be sent.
- Ensure that all branch transfers received are booked in.
- Chase outstanding purchase orders and update the system and internal notes.
- Run the Negative Stock report daily, investigate the reasons and pass information to the Administration Manager to amend the system.
- Run the Positive and Negative Specials report daily, investigate the reasons and pass information to the Administration Manager to amend the system.
- Customer returns to be kept up to date and liaise with the Sales Assistant and Branch Manager as appropriate.
- Supplier returns to be kept up to date, chasing suppliers on a weekly basis, and debit notes against the items.
- Supplier deliveries received to be entered onto the system the same day as received.
- Stock receipts – not invoiced, to ensure goods have been received and not duplicated.
- Check purchase ledger invoice queries and make adjustments if required.
- Complete the Staff Attendance Sheet daily and ensure submitted to the HR department on time.
- Maintain and update stock locations in preparation for stock-take.
- Keep the hard copy paperwork filed in an orderly manner, including delivery notes.
- Ensure all advice notes, return notes and cash sales are sent to Head office for processing, having checked handwritten amendments, obtained manager signature, and taken any required action.
- Maintain a log of branch complaints in the agreed format.
- Maintain the branch notice board in accordance with the HR Department.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the Company Dress Code Policy, Standards of Performance Policy and Health and Safety Policy.
John Nicholls is a family run business that has been established for over 50 years. Whilst the company has expanded over the years with a current turnover of £50 million, the company’s family values remain embedded within the organisation, always ensuring constant delivery in terms of both the quality of its products and its customer service.
Role specific person specification
Company person specification
- Committed to delivering the best possible customer service
- Committed to maintaining the profile of the individual showrooms throughout the organisation
- Must be able to use MS Office applications – Word, Outlook and Excel to a competent standard
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org