Building Trade Sales Manager – Llantrisant – Leekes
Building Trade Sales Manager
Location: Llantrisant and M4 corridor
Hours: 37.5 per week
Due to fantastic sales growth we are recruiting for an experienced, self motivated and tenacious Building Trade Sales Manager to join our busy Builders Merchant & DIY department within the Llantrisant store.
Covering the South Wales area, the successful applicant will be working pro-actively to increase the company’s profile within the target market sector, growing business with small to medium building firms and contractors. In addition to growing your business you will nurture and maintain existing key accounts maximising selling opportunities and working with the Department Manager to help manage the department team.
What are we looking for?
- Prior experience in Field Sales and a strong knowledge of the construction and building materials industry is essential
- Prior managerial experience in this sector or similar is essential
- You will be dynamic, driven, self-disciplined and be confident working with numbers and figures.
Within this exciting and challenging role the main responsibilities will consist of;
- Monitoring building developments within your area to gain a strong understanding of potential opportunities and who the key contacts are
- Working closely with the central buying team and store sales team to ensure the overall sales function of the branch is running to optimum capability and profitability
- Assist with day to day management of the department, ensuring effective use of staff and transport
- Achieve both cash and percentage gross profit targets
- Utilising the extensive customer information to identify sales opportunities
- Be proactive in using promotional materials; ensuring you have appropriate samples, literature and information on new products to help grow sales
- Provide effective communication through weekly briefings
- Motivate staff to achieve the agreed departmental objectives.
In return for your skills we offer a competitive salary and car allowance as well as generous benefits, including:
- 30+ days holiday per annum
- Additional bonus based on performance
- Staff discount
- A contributory pension scheme
To apply submit a CV along with a cover letter via the link below
To apply for this job please visit www.applythis.net.