Builders Merchant Sales Person (Internal)
Website Chandler Material Supplies Ltd
3rd Generation Family Owned Builders Merchant
Who are we?
Chandler Materials is a family run, local and independent builder’s merchant, operating out of a 3 acre site in Widford, Chelmsford.
What do we do?
We are proud to have been supplying and serving 100’s of local builders and the people of Essex since the 1950s. We provide building, plumbing and bathroom supplies to the trade and the general public.
Who do we need?
We are recruiting for a Builders Merchant Internal Sales Person to join our knowledgeable, friendly, hardworking Sales Team on a full time basis (Monday to Friday 7:30-5pm + alternate Saturday mornings 7:30-12:30pm).
We give our employees…
- Competitive rates of pay
- Discretionary summer bonus
- Discretionary Christmas bonus
- Work based pension (after 3 months)
- 22 days paid holiday, increasing with length of service (+ 8 bank holidays)
- Sickness absence pay scheme (after completion of probation)
- Death-in-service benefit (after completion of probation)
- Staff discounts on products we sell
- Employee Assistance Programme
- ‘Perks at Work’ (discounts on known retail brands)
- Free uniform & PPE
- Subsidised Christmas meal
If you are…
- An experienced sales person, specialising in building materials, customer-facing and over the telephone, with excellent product knowledge
- Skilled at establishing and meeting customers purchase needs
- Confident in providing advice on alternative and/or more suitable products
- Able to deliver outstanding customer service
- A proactive and enthusiastic multitasker
- In possession of strong resilience and able to stay calm and professional during busier periods
- Able to produce product quotations and ensure they are followed up on
- Exemplary at retaining and developing new and existing accounts
- A strong negotiator with robust interpersonal skills
- A competent IT user and administrator, able to produce sales notes, invoices and maintain records as required
- Strong at building relationships, with customers and with your colleagues
- Willing to work as part of the team in keeping the branch clean, tidy, well stocked and organised
Then we would welcome receiving your CV in application for this vacancy! Please email Maria in HR firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone her on 01245 352650 if you want to make an enquiry.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.