Commercial Manager – Nottingham – SRS Recruitment Solutions
Website SRS recruitment Solutions
We are retained by a Modular Building company who, due to continued success, is seeking to recruit a professional Commercial Manager to join their team in Nottingham
Our clients are looking to recruit an experienced Commercial Manager to lead the post, contract surveying functions for our clients business, being based at their factory and head office in Nottingham, with the requirement to visit clients and site as necessary. The Commercial Manager will report to the Commercial Director and will carry out the duties and responsibilities as described further below.
- Reporting to the Commercial Director and as part of the senior management team, you will have commercial responsibility for a large portfolio of contracts, managing a team of Quantity Surveyors and commercial staff.
- You will manage all commercial elements of projects from bid support including contractual reviews and risk appraisals, contract terms, costs, and subcontractors, ensuring subcontract accounts are managed by QS’s within budgets and final accounts are signed and agreed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for achieving the commercial objectives and targets for all contracts from order through to final account agreement.
- To identify and manage risks associated with each contract through detailed assessment and maintaining risk registers.
- Effective liaison with directors and senior managers identifying and reporting commercial information.
- Collation, analysis and presentation of monthly CVR contract reports, including cash forecasting, risk and opportunity analysis, variation accounts and contractual status.
- Financial, contractual and legal control of contracts and sub-contract /consultant activities. Strong contractual and legal knowledge to ensure all necessary notices are served promptly and the company’s position is safeguarded.
- Ability to lead from the front and motivate / influence others to exceptional performance.
- Experience in dealing with conflicting service and management priorities and making sound strategic recommendations.
- Excellent analysis and reporting skills to inform decision makers.
- Implement the company’s commercial policies
- Successfully manage contractual dispute resolution both up and down stream.
- Form relationships with clients/PQS/Consultants/supply chain.
- Deliver and improve on margin / EBITDA expectations.
- The candidate will be qualified to Degree Level or similar commercial qualification degree in a construction discipline. RICS membership preferred.
- A full valid driving licence.
- Will need to be CSCS qualified.
- For the position advertised the candidate will need to demonstrate an appropriate level of experience in the construction industry as a Commercial Manager role for a large main contractor or similar design and build main contracting company.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience of liaising/negotiating with client representatives and staff at a senior level.
- With first class communication skills, you will have excellent pre and post contract commercial expertise with the relevant management experience.
- You will have a proven record of accomplishment gained within the main contracting arena, with good knowledge of the using JCT and NEC3 type contracts terms and conditions, and their legal and operational mechanisms.
- Dealing with Subcontract disputes and ensuring payment notices are in place and in line with current legislation.
- A good knowledge of construction methods and materials.
- Commercially astute and results driven.
- Excellent IT and mathematical skills.
- A methodical approach to work with good organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- REPORTING TO – COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR
- SALARY – NEGOTIABLE DEPENDANT ON EXPERIENCE
- BENEFITS – PENSION, CAR ALLOWANCE, MEDICASH SCHEME
To apply or to find out more please contact consultant Andria Andreou on 01234 826450 Ext 4 or follow the link to email.
We are constantly seeking candidates within the Construction Material Sales Sector in the following roles:
Sales Manager, Account Manager, Area Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Specification Sales Executive, Specification Sales Manager, Branch Manager, Field Sales, Account Executive, Key Account Manager, Field Sales Executive, Field Sales Representative, National Account Manager, Account Executive, Territory Sales Executive, Area Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, Internal Sales, Sales Office Manager, Key Accounts Sales, National Account Sales, National Sales Manager and Sales Director.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org