Credit Controller – St Albans – Buttle’s
Buttle plc are looking for an experienced and highly organised Credit Controller to join our Head Office team, located in St Albans.
As a Credit Controller, your key responsibilities will be:
- Managing the end to end ownership of a portfolio of accounts from the collections through to litigation. To include inputting and updating customer records, monitoring customer account status, chasing overdue accounts, dealing with invoice queries.
- Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debts owed to the Company. Ensuring timely payment of debts, chase outstanding payments by phone, email or letters. Negotiating payment plans as applicable.
- Maintaining customer records on our account systems, checking and posting of receipts, reconciling customer accounts, processing invoices and credit notes.
- Credit risk management to include evaluating new credit requests and reviewing customers’ credit rankings, setting up new credit accounts, reviewing credit limits and setting up terms and conditions of credit, authorising branches to supply goods as applicable.
- Managing sales ledger and customer records to include preparation of statements, customers status reports and all relevant information as required. Perform month end processes and track KPIs ie. debtor day reduction targets
- Regular liaison with Credit insurers and Legal firms to deal with any bad debts. Liaise with our auditors as appropriate and perform year end processes.
- Taking a proactive role identifying and implementing efficiency and improving processes.
- Business support as required including dealing with inbound telephone calls and ad-hoc support to the Financial Controller or accounts team.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Highly organised with a proven history of efficient debt reduction and cash flow improvement to deliver excellent service and exceed KPI’s.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, with an ability to take initiative and deliver tasks as required
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to reconcile complex accounts
- A professional and confident team player who has natural diplomacy skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with external customers and internal colleagues.
- Target driven with robust experience of managing a portfolio of debt
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products eg. Outlook, Excel and Word; ERP systems eg.Great Plains, Bistrack or similar
- Qualification of CICM would be an advantage
- Previous credit control experience in small to medium size company from builder’s merchant or wholesale sector would be preferable.
- Competitive Salary
- Career Progression
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Staff Discount in our Trade Store
- Child Care Voucher scheme
- Credit Control: 5 years (Preferred)
Buttle’s are proud to hold Investor in People accreditation – the mark of a great company to work for.
If you have the required skills and experience please apply today with your CV for a chance to join Buttle’s – an exciting growing company! Please follow the link below to apply via email.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.