To load and unload stock for customers and staff, and to assist in the maintenance of stock in the yard / warehouse.
· Attend to customers and the loading of vehicles.
· Prepare materials for delivery in the designated loading areas.
· Load Company vehicles.
· Unload and check the quantities and quality of goods delivered into the yard.
· Report shortages and damages to office staff before signing for goods.
· Put deliveries away in correct areas.
· Keep the yard and warehouse clean and tidy throughout the working day.
· Stock labelling and presentation of goods.
· Report any stock breakages or damages to office staff.
· Check condition and fluid levels on forklifts and loaders on a daily basis.
· Any other reasonable management request.
· Able to demonstrate knowledge of general building, hardware, timber products and their application.
· Able to deal with customer queries and complaints in a polite and courteous manner.
· Experience of warehouse work.
· Well organised with a methodical way of working.
· Able to take the initiative regarding levels of stock and breakages.
· Detail conscious.
· Able to manually lift and carry loads.
· Basic numeracy skills
· Works neatly, tidily and safely
· Able to operate in a busy yard
· Experience of timber strength grading.
· Experience of different brick types.
· Ambition in operating in deliveries (LGV driver license paid for) and/or sales.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.