Division Manager (Building Products) – North South East UK – SRS Recruitment Solutions
Website SRS Recruitment Solutions
DIVISIONAL MANAGER – BUILDING PRODUCTS
Are you an experienced Senior Sales Management Professional with experience in the Building Products Sector looking to enhance your career?
If so, then this dynamic Divisional Manager role with one of the UK’s longest established and highly regarded Building Product Manufacturers might be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
With an unparalleled reputation, our Client is an award winning manufacturer with expertise in the design and supply of a wide range of products for the roofing and construction sector.
A family business with values to match, our Client is committed not only to the continuous development of their technologies and products, but also to their people. They believe people are the heart of their business and work hard to ensure they are rewarded for their hard work with excellent career progression opportunities, job flexibility and training.
As part of a small, dedicated Senior Sales Management Team, you will be responsible for maximising opportunities by the leading of your sales team through developing and maintaining long term, profitable relationships with Builders Merchants, Distributors and End Users throughout the South East of England along with their relevant buying groups and product procurement processes.
You will be responsible for formulating and implementing a divisional sales strategy that will be focused on growing awareness, market share and revenue of our Client’s product range.
To achieve sales targets and other strategic company objectives through sales to new and existing customers. To protect customer base and increase market share in existing key accounts and contribute to financial goals through ensuring profitable sales.
Essence of Role and Key Responsibilities
- To Achieve Sales Targets Through.
a) New Accounts
- Identify, coordinate and manage possible new accounts with the BDM’s ensuring that all avenues are covered by them
- Regular calling on senior management of key accounts within designated buying groups in order to develop relationships and identify sales opportunities.
- Participating in Trade Shows and other such activities.
- Manage and approve the initiatives suggested by the sales team such as mail shots, using Company agreed special promotions, Social Media, etc.
- b) Increase Sales and share of business to existing accounts
- Develop divisional sales plans for sale of new products to existing customer base in line with the company plan.
- Manage sales teams Business Reviews with identified key accounts ensuring all are renewed on the given date and actioned following reviews
- Develop strong relationships with senior management of key accounts to ensure continued support and sales growth.
- Divisional Management
- Ensure that all calls are recorded and monitor sales team activity.
- Review Sales Teams Call plans and ensure they are spending their time in the most productive way.
- Ensure Company assets such as car, mobile phone, laptop, etc, are properly used and kept in good working order.
- Report to the Commercial Director on competitor activity, and other information that could negatively impact sales and plans for corrective action.
- Provide reports and sales forecasts as required by the Commercial Director, identifying successes, failures, issues and action plans within specified timescales.
- Learning and development; to keep up to date on product, industry and skills through such activities as attending courses, suggested readings, coaching and on the job training.
- Attend regular sales meetings and other meetings as requested by the Managing Director, Commercial Director
- To ensure all generated Quotes and sales leads by the sales team are followed up on a monthly basis reporting results on the CRM System
- Protection and Retention of Customer Base
- Contribute to constant high levels of customer care by providing support and resulting customer satisfaction.
- All complaints are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
- Assist the office in respect of issues and queries to resolution.
- Provide technical assistance and knowledge to customers when requested.
- To ensure that there is a smooth track from sale to delivery and assess on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that attitudes and satisfaction levels of customers with our products and services are understood.
- Keep a high level of contact with senior management of key customers in division
- Manage Trading Agreements with customers in line with Company policy through effective negotiation and consultation.
- Make effective use of company information and materials such as promotional material and services such as training, technical services.
- Ensure that company policies, pricing, etc, are clearly understood and abided by in all dealings with customers.
- To ensure that at all times the prudent and effective use of expenditure is maintained with a view to securing business opportunities such as the effective use of company promotional materials and services.
- To follow company procedures regarding cars, expenses.
- Ensure that the office is informed of any offers to customers already agreed with the Commercial Director or Business Development Managers
- Experienced in selling through Builder’s Merchants and Distribution Channels at Senior Level including buying groups and product procurement processes.
Impact and Influence
- Establishes credibility.
- Addresses customers issues, concerns.
- Sets challenging achievable goals.
- Persists – does not give up too easily.
- Seizes opportunities (responds to competitive threats).
- Understands non-verbal behaviour.
- Understands others attitudes, meanings.
- Predicts others reactions.
Customer Service Orientation
- Makes extra effort to meet customer needs.
- Discovers and meets customer’s underlying needs.
- Follows up customer contacts and complaints.
- Confidence in own abilities.
- Takes on challenges.
- Optimistic style.
- Maintains work-related relationships.
- Has and uses network of contacts
- Anticipates and prepares for obstacles.
- Thinks of several explanations or plans.
- Obtains information from many sources.
- Understands functioning of client and own organisation.
Manage the team to ensure all are focusing actions in relevant areas
- Ensure all reports are completed on time as requested
Profit & Loss Understanding
- Have a clear understanding of actions on the full Profit & Loss on the region
Location/Area – SOUTH EAST ENGLAND
Salary – NEGOTIABLE + EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE DRIVEN REWARDS
Benefits – COMPANY CAR, LAPTOP, MOBILE, ETC
To apply or to find out more please contact Angela Adams on 01234 826450 Ext 3 or follow the link below to email. Please remember to refer to the reference No 3512 when applying for this role.
We are constantly seeking candidates within the Construction Material Sales Sector in the following roles:
Sales Manager, Account Manager, Area Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Specification Sales Executive, Specification Sales Manager, Branch Manager, Field Sales, Account Executive, Key Account Manager, Field Sales Executive, Field Sales Representative, National Account Manager, Account Executive, Territory Sales Executive, Area Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, Internal Sales, Sales Office Manager, Key Accounts Sales, National Account Sales, National Sales Manager and Sales Director.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.