Estimator – Burton Latimer – ALUMASC
Department: Estimating & Technical Department
Reporting to: Wayne Sharpe Estimating & Technical Manager
Provide estimating and product expertise on Rainwater & Drainage brands. Ensure all enquiries are dealt with efficiently and in a timely manner. This postion has a probationary period of 3 months.
- Responding to enquiries requesting pricing information for the Alumasc Rainwater, Harmer Drainage and Skyline product ranges.
- Manage daily allocated workflow of pricing enquiries, ensuring all priority levels are met.
- Visiting customers with the ASM / Business Manager, at their own premises or at site, to secure specification / order.
- Answering Estimating queries on the telephone regarding the company’s Rainwater, Drainage and Skyline products.
- Support of the Internal & External Sales Teams.
- Communicate with colleagues to manage, track and close projects and ensure that we are providing the best possible service levels.
- You may be required to assist other departments within the busisness.
- Booking enquiries onto the internal database.
- Respond to emails from both internal and external sources.
- Liase with Supply Chain on stock and lead time issues.
- Liase with Technical and the RD&I departments to ensure any special project requirements are fulfilled.
- Assist Customer Services with any order queries.
- Manage the Estimating inbox.
Qualifications / Experience
- A knowledge of Construction product estimation in a business to business environment
- Sound commercial acumen and an ability to communicate with colleagues and customers to assist the closing of sales opportunities.
- A high degree of professionalism and a good understanding of marketplace dynamics in relation to client, architect, specifier, contractor and merchant relationships is required, with the ability to communicate at each of these levels where necessary.
- Ability to prioritise work according to demand and work alongside Area Sales Managers priorities to deliver customer service excellence.
- Competent IT skills are critical, reporting and analysing ability is a key requirement of this role, a thorough understanding of gross margin and discount structures are pivotal. Project logging and reporting to line manager and other senior managers is required. Training of the companies CRM system (Navision) will be given.
- A good attention to detail is essential within the role.
Place of Work, Hours, Annual Leave
Place of Work
Alumasc Water Management Solutions, Station Road, Burton Latimer, Kettering, Northants, NN15 5JP
Mon-Thurs: 8.30am-17.00pm – 30 minutes lunch break.
Fri: 8.30am-16.00pm – 30 minutes lunch break.
Weekly Hours: 39 Hours per week.
25 Days – a proportion of which are to be taken during the Christmas shutdown (4-5 days)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org