H & S / Compliance Officer – Timber Products – Bedfordshire – SRS Recruitment Solutions
Website SRS recruitment Solutions
H & S / COMPLIANCE OFFICER – TIMBER PRODUCTS
Vacancy No 3413
We are retained by one of UK’s leading TIMBERMERCHANT & MANUFACTURER of TIMBER PRODUCTS who due to continued success in the UK market place are seeking to recruit an experienced H & S / COMPLIANCE OFFICER to support their Managing Director in ensuring that all Health & Safety procedures are in place and adhered to, all company certifications are in order, and will also be responsible for the transport department and all staff training.
Roles & Responsibilities
- All auditing and running
- Ensure all risk assessments are up to date and signed.
- Ensure all staff are aware of procedures & relevant H & S data
- Design, implement and develop initiatives and systems to ensure best practice
- Train and evaluate team, organise product training where necessary and ensure that all training records are maintained
- To ensure all company vehicles are inspected and in good order and are fully maintained, and all vehicle certification is up to date.
- Coach & train staff in use of all company machinery
- Ensure all staff wear the correct PPE at all times
- Health & Safety audits for all areas are completed on a regular basis.
- Action accident and near miss reporting
- Promote an engaging attitude towards H & S and ensure it is up to date with current legislation.
- Ensure all stock areas are maintained to a high standard of health & safety and neatness
- Ensure compliance of business controls.
- Always ensure compliance with all Company Health & Safety legislation.
- Ensure all regulations surrounding company Operating Licence is adhered to.
- All HR matters including contracts, inductions and disciplinarians.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Hold a current CPC Operators licence
- Diligent with a fine attention to detail
- Strong Communication Skills both written& verbal
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Passionate about meeting Company expectations
- Experienced working in a pressurized environment
- Experienced in transport and have an understanding of transport law
- HR Experience
- Ability to multi task
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Our Clients are experiencing an exciting period of growth in their business and are therefore able to offer exceptional career advancement opportunities.
LOCATION – BEDFORDSHIRE
SALARY – NEGOTIABLE
BENEFITS – EXECUTIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
To apply or to find out more contact our consultant Fiona Hamilton on 01234 826450 Ext 5 or follow the link to email. Please remember to refer to the Vacancy No 3413 when applying for this position.
We are constantly seeking candidates within the Construction Material Sales Sector in the following roles: Sales Manager, Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Specification Sales Executive, Specification Sales Manager, Branch Manager, Field Sales, Account Executive, Key Account Manager, Field Sales Executive, Field Sales Representative, National Account Manager, Account Executive, Territory Sales Executive, Area Sales Manager and National Sales Manager.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org