IT Application Support – St Albans – Buttle’s
IT Application Support
In-house IT / Infrastructure Support / IT Application Support
**Fantastic opportunity for a proven IT Application Support Professional for in-house support role**
We are seeking an enthusiastic IT Application Support professional to join our Head Office Business Support team to provide remote and on-site IT infrastructure support across Buttle plc. You would be based at our St Albans Head Office and have responsibility for all in house IT support including our branch network and remote users.
Buttle’s is a well-respected independent builder’s merchant with a network of branches across London, Enfield, St Albans & Leighton Buzzard.
- To assist users with all aspects of IT support – focusing on our Merchanting application software (Bistrack).
- To be the first point of contact for users reporting incidents to their IT systems.
- To communicate regularly with users and the senior management team on progress and activities being carried out.
- On site installations of desk top PCs, thin client workstations and other end user configuration items, as required.
- To resolve and provide appropriate support for Company owned devices, telephones & mobile phones as required.
This role would suit a self-motivated IT Application Support professional with previous Microsoft application, programming & SQL knowledge gained whilst working in an IT support role.
Solid understanding and relevant experience of relational databases and data maintenance, with specific knowledge of Bistrack, Great Plains, Crystal Reports or similar business systems used within the merchanting or construction related sectors would be an advantage.
Skills and experience required:
- Strong ability to solve and troubleshoot problems remotely and on site.
- Detailed analytical and data accuracy skills
- Attention to detail approach in undertaking all aspects of the role.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- High organised and disciplined with a strong work ethic.
- Positive attitude and ability to be versatile and adaptable in changing environments.
- Responsible to work under own initiative, manages self and time effectively.
- Ability to prioritise workload, deadline orientated to trouble shoot and resolve issues.Personable, presentable and punctual.
- A clean driving licence is essential for this role as you will be required to travel to branch network to fulfil your duties as required.
- Competitive salary range dependent upon skills and experience
- Career & Professional Development Opportunities
- Free Parking
- Staff Discount in our Trade Store
Buttle’s are proud to hold Investor in People accreditation – the mark of a great company to work for.
If you have the required skills and experience please apply today with your CV for a chance to join Buttle’s – an exciting company!
Job Type: Full-time
- IT Support: 3 years (Preferred)
- SQL / Database: 3 years (Preferred)
- Drivers (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.co.uk.