Logistics Assistant – Adderbury – John Nicholls
Report to: Head of Operations
Based at: Throughout our Branch Network
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 7.30am – 5.00pm
Alternate Saturdays 8.00am – 12 noon
To provide driver support to the building and plumbing branches.
Driver Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Supervise the loading of the vehicle so that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage.
- Ensure with Transport Manager/Branch Manager and Loader that the load is correct against the customers’ orders.
- Ensure that on arrival the delivery is safe to make and respect customer’s property; if in doubt, consult with customer and/or Transport Manager, and use disclaimers if necessary.
- Check goods off with Customers and obtain signature and print.
- If any errors mark ticket accordingly and consult with Transport Manager/Branch Manager or Counter Sales Assistant as appropriate.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Handle customer issues on delivery effectively and avoid getting over-involved in discussion. Contact Transport Manager/Branch Manager for assistance if required.
- Carry out multi-drop deliveries in a timely and safe manner.
- Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law.
- Drive within the tachograph law and driver hours limits.
- Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to any unnecessary damage.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the driving cab.
- To operate any vehicle mounted attachment safely and in accordance with the correct procedures.
- Comply with fuel directives from the Operations Department.
- Ensure accidents are kept to a minimum.
- Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the company’s accident reporting procedure.
- Complete vehicle daily inspection sheet and give to Transport Manager/Branch Manager.
- Be aware of the vehicle inspection rota for servicing and MOT and bring to the Operations Department and Branch Managers attention if necessary
- Attend essential training in order to carry out the driver role
- To provide support in the Yard as required by the Yard Supervisor/Branch Manager
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Must hold a valid UK drivers licence
- Valid forklift licence/experience desirable
- Must be able to drive a 3.5 tonne vehicle
- Category C Class 2 licence is essential
- Experience working in a yard and warehouse capacity
- Experience of working with building and plumbing products in a sales capacity
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.