Maintenance Electrician – Whatley – Hanson
Maintenance Electrician for Aggregates – Whatley
Competitive Pay Plus Shift Allowance, Production Bonus and Overtime Rate x 2 Weekends
Working at Hanson is about being part of something big – with more than 300 sites across the UK and over 3,500 employees in a wide range of roles, Hanson has opportunities for all. Belonging to the international Heidelberg Cement Group which has a leading global position in aggregates, cement and concrete, everyone is part of one team that is committed to achieving the company’s visions. Our staff understand that what we do is much more than “just” produce materials, we are vital to ensuring that roads can be built and maintained, we form the foundations of buildings such as hospitals and we are part of major projects that will shape the future of the UK. One of our key aims is to be a leading sustainable business that is committed to being fair, respectful and inclusive. Hanson is an equal opportunities employer.
Description of Team / Department
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the role
- To repair and maintain current site electrical systems and equipment
- To provide an analytical approach to rectifying and repairing electrical faults that may arise during the working shift
- To maintain and repair static and mobile plant in a safe and efficient manner
- To complete daily inspection sheets of the conditions of static & mobile plant when required.
- To report problems or defects of static & mobile plant to shift line managers.
- To complete near miss reports as required by Site Management
- To operate plant & machinery in an energy efficient manner.
Skills / Experience
The successful candidate will require a minimum City & Guilds electrical qualification, knowledge of three phase systems, inverters and programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
The successful applicant will be part of a small team working 42.5 hours per week
Monday to Saturday, on a rotating 3 shift pattern
05.00 – 13.30
13.00 – 21.30
21.00 – 05.30
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
- Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
- A comprehensive structured induction programme.
- Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
- Pension with generous contributions from Hanson.
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work and voluntary Life assurance.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Production bonus
- Shift allowance Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career
- A comprehensive structured induction programme
- Experience within a well-respected global market leader
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension with generous contributions from Hanson
24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work, voluntary Life assurance
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Working Hours: 42.50 hrs
Contract Type: Permanent
Shift Description: shift patterns
To apply for this job please visit www.hanson-careers.co.uk.