Managing Director – Construction products – Yorkshire – SRS Recruitment Solutions
Website SRS Recruitment Solutions
MANAGING DIRECTOR – CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTS
Vacancy No 3415
We are retained on Sole Agency basis by one of the World’s leading manufacturers of CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTSwho due to continued success in the European marketplace are seeking to recruit a professional MANAGING DIRECTOR for their UK Operation.
In the European sector, our Client has 26 Manufacturing and Distribution companies, with an annual turnover in excess of € 400 million, forming a part of their Worldwide presence in both manufacturing and distribution with over 2000 employees.
Our Client’s UK division currently has an annual turnover of circa £6 million with 20 employees and is responsible for both the UK and Eire.
Our Client is seeking an experienced Managing Director to control and oversee all business operations, people and ventures. You will be the highest ranking manager in the organisation and will be responsible for the overall success of the business in the UK.
The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the company to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long term goals.
The goal is to ensure the company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term objectives and does not diverge from its strategic guidelines.
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies in order to attain goals
- Provide strategic advice to the Parent Company ensuring they have accurate view of the market and the company’s future
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities
- Oversee the company’s financial performance
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Management and motivation of employees through strong and directive leadership
- An experienced leader with ability to listen to and influence
- Exceptional skills in communication, motivation, and interpersonal relations, and able to convey a message that is understandable and relevant
- Ability to set direction and standards but to do this in a collaborative way in a team environment
- Experience of operating at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity
- The successful candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement, a strong sense of accountability
- Read all submitted reports by lower rank managers to reward performance, prevent issues and resolve problems
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Proven experience as Managing Director or other managerial position
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the company
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA will be preferred
The role will be UK based at our Client’s operation in YORKSHIRE with travel to Europe as required to our Client’s European Head Office.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a company whose products are held in high regard Worldwide at an exciting stage in their development in the European construction sector, with the chance to have a real input into all aspects of the business.
Salary NEGOTIABLEBASIC + BONUS + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
Benefits EXECUTIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
Knowledge or experience in the UK Construction Product sector is desirable along with a demonstrablesuccessful track record in a similar position.
To apply or to find out more please contact our consultant Mark Hall
on 01234 826450 Ext 2 or follow the link to email.
Please remember to refer to the Vacancy No 3415 when applying for this role.
We are constantly seeking candidates within the Construction Material Sales Sector in the following roles:
Sales Manager, Account Manager, Area Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Specification Sales Executive, Specification Sales Manager, Branch Manager, Field Sales, Account Executive, Key Account Manager, Field Sales Executive, Field Sales Representative, National Account Manager, Account Executive, Territory Sales Executive, Area Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, Internal Sales, Sales Office Manager, Key Accounts Sales, National Account Sales, National Sales Manager and Sales Director.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com