IT Project Manager – Grafton – Wythall, Birmingham
IT Project Manager
The Group IT Project Manager is responsible for planning and managing a portfolio of technology and process change projects that deliver value across the Grafton Group. Group IT are responsible for developing and managing services and processes that apply across all Grafton business units in the UK, Ireland, Holland and Belgium, and the Group IT Project Manager will shape and deliver projects to get these services in place.
The role holder will work on projects of varying scale across technology and related process disciplines, with the focus expected to be in following areas:
- Delivery of collaboration technologies (e.g. Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams) and the driving of successful adoption to enable the business to realise the benefits
- Delivery of Information Security technology and process change projects, for example the deployment of anti-phishing technology and associated awareness campaigns
- Integration of newly acquired companies into the standard Grafton communication and collaboration systems
- Implementation of technology, policies and processes associated with data protection regulations e.g. GDPR
- Implementation of infrastructure change projects, with the trend towards cloud and software as a service and using partner organisations for implementation.
The role holder will be a resourceful, self-motivated individual who is comfortable getting things done in matrix structures. They will have the opportunity to both shape and deliver projects and will be expected to apply project management and governance best practices with pragmatism and common sense.
- Assist in the definition of scope and objectives of projects. involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical and operational feasibility. Meet with project sponsors to clarify specific requirements of each project and capture project scope and deliverables with PID documentation.
- Define and manage project budgets. Where required develop business case documents with full project financial forecasts, and deliver project proposals to stakeholders.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the efficient execution of projects, ensuring that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress, and ensure resource availability and allocation. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques and perform risk management to minimize project risks using RAID logs and risk scoring.
- Develop and manage relationships with all stakeholders, including third parties/vendors
- Manage vendors where projects involve significant third-party deliverable, ensuring that commercial terms, scope and delivery quality is managed.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation. Where necessary, produce process and business adoption / service transition documentation. Produce regular project status reports.
- Define and manage project governance to levels appropriate for the size of project, including project meetings, steering groups, and service transition reviews.
- Plan a portfolio of projects, creating a schedule of work across 3-6-9-12 months and allocating resources as required.
Please follow the link to find out more and apply.
Closing date: 13/12/2017
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.grafton-careers.co.uk/find-a-job/?jobID=7273 →