RIDGEONS Ridgeons Builders & Timber Merchant
East Anglia's Largest Independent Builders Merchant
Do you love working in a fun, friendly atmosphere? Are you passionate about DIY, particularly plumbing and heating? Are you a focused person who thrives on exceeding sales targets? A Salesperson role working for PlumbStock at Ridgeons is just what you need.
Working within our busy central sales office you will provide outstanding customer service to your sales ledger and always try to maximise your sales and margin opportunities with them. This position will be specifically dedicated to looking after our PlumbStock customers.
Your day to day responsibilities:
- Guide and advise your customers on the best materials for the job, link selling and upselling wherever possible
- Produce quotes for customers and follow up on these, always striving to close the sale and get the order placed
- Building positive relationships with your customers and asking them questions about their projects to ensure you understand their current and future needs
- Regularly monitoring your figures to stay on target
- Always keeping on the look out for potential new business leads and securing them with the support of the team
Your skills and experience:
- You’ll have strong sales, negotiation and influencing skills
- You will need good numerical skills with a focus on understanding sales, margin and profit
- You are a phenomenal communicator at all levels whether it be written or spoken
- Providing great customer service and putting yourself in the customers shoes will be a real passion of yours
- Plumbing, heating and sanitary-ware product knowledge is helpful but not essential
Why work for PlumbStock at Ridgeons?
Working at Ridgeons we are all part of a tight-knit team. We are one of the largest independently owned timber and builders’ merchants in the UK trading from 25 local branches in the East of England. As well as Ridgeons, the Group includes PlumbStock, Ridgeons Forest Products, and Anglia Tool Centre. With an extensive breadth and depth of product stock from bricks, timber and paints to kitchens, bathrooms and plumbing products we have the solution to meet all sizes of building project requirements.
We offer competitive rates of pay and a great benefits package with 30 days holiday (incl. bank holidays), bonus scheme, Perkbox, excellent staff discount, contributory pension scheme and lots more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.