Sales Director – MP Morgan Builders & Plumbers Merchants
Website MP Morgan Builders & Plumbers Merchants
Help Resourcing Limited are exclusively working with a large independent Builders Merchant based in London. They have a fantastic opportunity to appoint a new Sales Director in line with the specification below.
Role: Sales Director
Reporting to: Operations Director and Purchasing Directors
Overall purpose of the job
To inspire, lead, motivate and develop the overall sales functions of the business to achieve outstanding performance and growth across our market sectors.
- Develop and execute an annual sales strategic plan to drive sales and revenue growth across the business
- Set an annual, clean and prioritised working plan which is always twelve months ahead
- Report to the Board of Directors monthly, analysing previous months’ sales and business performance year to date. Provide accurate summary of the performance by department and product group areas
- Provide high-level market/competitive information contributing to the overall strategic direction of the business
- Set clear short and long-term sales targets and goals
- Manage the performance of the sales team
- Effectively coach and develop the sales team, main focus to be in Product training and IT skills
- Provide consistent, accurate sales forecasting
- Achieve sales quotas on a consistent basis, quarter over quarter
- Work alongside the Purchasing Directors to provide strategic and product guidance to the company
- Monthly meetings with the Departmental Managers to report on sales for the previous month
- Develop and monitor clear individual sales plans and support them in their roles to ensure these plans are delivered. Accurately record minutes from these meetings and send copies to the Directors monthly for review
- Work with relevant internal departments such as, Finance, Stock and Commercial to ensure the sales function is aligned to the direction of the business and current performance. Ensure the sales function is supporting the key drivers of these departments
- Set up a process to monitor the internal quote system to ensure they are being followed up
- Have a clear annual marketing strategy for the business, recognising the needs of the individual branches/departments
- Report the marketing strategy to the Directors for approval and work with the marketing team to oversee its delivery
- Ensure regular meetings with key customers and suppliers
- Have a suite of Dashboards to enable you to monitor all sales areas of the business that will help you drive the business forward.
- Existing customers
- New and potential customers
- Branch Managers
- Departmental Managers
- Sales Team
- Stock Control Manager
- Commercial Team
- Highly organised
- Results driven
- Excellent planning and time management abilities
- Leadership skills
- Ability to successfully influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrate personal success in driving new sales and ability to convey skills and experiences to the team
- Proven relationship builder both internally with team and colleagues, and externally with prospects and clients
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strategic thinker
- Team motivator
- Ethical, trustworthy and reliable
- Excellent IT skills including use of all Microsoft packages
- Ability to accurately report and deliver/present results
- Exceptional sales skills with a proven track record of achieving results
- Product knowledge
Salary & Package
Our client will be offering a competitive package for right individual.
All interested parties should email their CV along with a letter of application to Marisa or call Marisa Murphy on 0844 848 0430 referencing this role.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 20th October 2017.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to successfully short-listed applicants. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days of sending your application, please presume that you have not been successful on this particular occasion.
To apply for this job email your details to Marisa@helpresourcing.com