Sales Office Manager – Watford Hertfordshire – Help Resourcing
Sales Office Manager
Overall purpose of the job
- To manage, motivate and lead the central sales team to provide an internal sales and sales administrative function maximising enquiry conversion to orders within the guideline of MP Moran pricing policies.
- To establish and develop a stable client base to support company sales and margin.
- To co-ordinate sales activities.
- To liaise with operational and external sales team and the sales director.
- To co-ordinate sales activities.
- Key relationships externally with customers and suppliers and internally with External Sales Team, Branch Manager’s, Department Head’s & Head Office Departments.
Customer Service and Performance
- To provide exemplary customer service.
- To assist Sales Director in setting pricing policy and sales targets.
- To respond to telephone sales enquiries, pricing with current guidelines, to maximise their conversion to profitable orders.
- To ensure follow up of all quotations, to check competitiveness and to secure sales.
- To ensure the phone is answered in line with company guidelines to provide the best customer experience and we answer all calls within three rings.
- To provide both sales and management with feedback on pricing levels, to advise suitability and to allow any amendments necessary.
- To maintain content and accuracy of sales daybook and manage the daily sales summary report.
- To assist sales personnel with project tracking of potential business.
- To answer customer enquiries generally, advising product availability, delivery dates, transport schedules and product lead-times promptly and accurately.
- Ensure that customer complaints are dealt with in a fair and reasonable manner to resolve problems quickly and satisfactorily for all parties concerned.
- Lead, monitor and motivate employees.
- Identify employee training needs and ensure that it is implemented through Head Office.
- Ensure good communication exists throughout the department and the senior management team.
- Work with HR to recruit personnel and assist in interviewing candidates.
- Cross reference and check all confirmation orders, advising any amendments necessary to originals and liaise with suppliers on schedules for incoming goods for specials.
- Cross reference, check and confirm dates and content of direct deliveries as they fall due.
- To pass checked and confirmed direct deliveries to invoicing and checking order monitor.
- To liaise with Central Transport to advise customers of any alterations to delivery schedules.
- To maintain own price lists and ensure all relevant parties are aware of product price increases.
- To ensure current and updated price lists are used throughout the Department.
- To ensure current and updated manufacturer literature files are at the Department.
- To liaise with Buying Department in arranging relevant product training.
- Carry out performance reviews in line with company procedure and create personal development plans for each member of the team
- Identify employee performance issues, absence and disciplinary issues and manages in line with HR processes
- To offer credit facilities to prospective customers, observing the credit control procedures and
develop sales by opening new trading accounts.
- To take heed of credit control disciplines in the course of all transactions, with particular regard to credit limits and to accounts on stop and observe company security procedures when dealing with cash sales.
- Ensure you are familiar with health and safety rules and regulations and that your responsibilities as an employee, in respect of health and safety are carried out in full.
- Any other duty reasonably requested by management.
This list in not exhaustive and may be subject to additions and amendments
- Existing customers
- New and potential customers
- External Sales Team
- Branch and Department Managers
- Sales Team
- Stock Control Manager
- Head Office Departments
- Health & Safety
- Logical and Highly organised
- Business focused and results driven
- Listens and communicates effectively
- Sets appropriate goals for self and others and encourages others to achieve those
- Leadership skills
- Manage, Lead and Motivate a Team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good time management skills
- Detail conscious
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent IT skills including use of all Microsoft packages
- Ability to accurately report and deliver/present results using Bistrack
- Exceptional customer services skills with a proven track record of achieving results
- Product and market knowledge Numerate and Literate
To apply please follow the link below to send your application via email.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org