Timber Sales Coordinator
Website SCA Timber Supply Limited
Are you an experienced and passionate sales professional, looking to further your career?
Do you have an in-depth knowledge of timber products? If so we are now recruiting for our Sales Coordinator and are looking for individuals just like you!
Our Cumbernauld site is the second base for our Merchant Services business stream extending supply to a nationwide distribution base. Employing 9 people, the site has 30,000 sq. ft. of warehousing capacity over 3 units. This site services the merchant and joinery sector with our quality machined softwood, carcassing, MDF, roofing batons and timber and composite decking.
What can we do for you?
As a Company, we pride ourselves on our values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence and this is reflected in our overall package to our employees. As our Sales Coordinator, you will also receive:
· £20,000 – £30,000 dependent on experience
· Bonus potential
· Life assurance
· Generous pension contribution of up to 10% of your salary
· Exclusive access to a discount and cashback scheme giving you the opportunity to save money from hundreds of retailers and services throughout the UK
What ‘wood’ I be doing?
Reporting to the General Manager, the Sales Coordinator will deliver significant value to SCA Merchant Services (Scotland) by driving profitability and sales through excellent customer services; whilst providing full administration support to the Cumbernauld site. Responsibilities will include:
· Be the first point of contact and ensure all customers’ expectations are met or exceeded.
· Prioritise, respond to and input customer orders received within agreed timescales.
· Meet monthly sales targets in line with the budget for SCA Merchant Services (Scotland) and KPIs.
· Support sales administration team by creating procedures, policies and practices which consider customers’ demands and expectations.
· Maintain customer accounts and price lists.
· Liaise with the warehouse teams regarding stock issues or general warehouse problems effecting customer deliveries.
· Respond to invoice queries and credit requests as required.
· Compile reports for management as and when required.
· Data entry and general administration.
· Responsible for your own and others’ health and safety within the Scotland site.
· Adhere to and abide by all relevant Health and Safety policies and procedures.
· Ensure all incidents, observations and concerns are reported through an escalation process; solutions are identified and actions, in line with Company policy.
· Ensure ideas for the improvement of safety are listened to and acted upon.
· Ensure non SCA employees (visitors, third parties and contractors) confirm to the SCA Health and Safety Policy including using the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
What ‘wood’ you be like?
In order to be successful as our Sales Coordinator, you must have a track record of successful sales / key account management and have an up to date knowledge of Timber products. You will also possess:
· Administration office experience essential.
· Ability to communicate professionally with colleagues, customers, suppliers and 3rd parties (written and oral) influencing and driving performance through their communications.
· Can work on own initiative and not afraid to make decisions to improve the business.
· Have a flexible approach to working hours and patterns as priorities change.
· Ability to use all Microsoft programmes such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel to an intermediate level advantageous.
· SAP experience is desirable.
· Positive outlook and ‘can do’ attitude towards issues and problems.
· Proactive in finding solutions.
The core of SCA’s business is the forest, 2.6 million hectares in northern Sweden. Around this unique resource, we have built a well-developed value chain based on renewable raw material from our own and others’ forests. As Europe’s largest private forest owner, we place considerable emphasis on sustainable forest management. In 2016, worldwide sales amounted to approximately 15.4bn SEK (£1.4bn). We offer paper for packaging and print, pulp, wood products, renewable energy, services for forest owners and efficient transport solutions. The group has around 4,000 employees.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Sales Coordinator then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org