Quality Assurance Manager
Website SCA Timber Supply Limited
Our site in Melton, Humberside, is home to our flagship manufacturing site which supplies timber products to our building materials industry. The year ahead will be exciting, challenging and lots of fun, so this appointment is a fantastic opportunity for a professional to join our newly restructured QA function as Quality Assurance Manager.
This Quality Assurance Manager position is based in Melton, Ferriby, with a requirement for the person to occasionally travel to a second site based in Cumbernauld and our head office in Stoke-on-Trent.
What can we do for you?
As a Company, we pride ourselves on our values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence and this is reflected in our overall package to our employees.
· Salary between £28,000 and £35,000 depending on experience.
· Bonus potential
· Life assurance
· Generous pension contributions of up to 10% of your salary
· Exclusive access to a discount and cashback scheme giving you the opportunity to save money from hundreds of retailers and services throughout the UK
· Childcare voucher scheme
SCA is a family friendly organisation and appreciates working and having a family comes in hand in hand, as such we welcome flexible working and are open to discussing requirements during the recruitment process.
What ‘wood’ I be doing?
Our customers deal with the end users of our products and so their focus is on the quality of products we deliver to them. We pride ourselves on our good quality products, some of which we grow from seedling to door frame (!) and some which we buy from 3rd party suppliers.
The majority of our products are manufactured on site and some products are brought from around the world, and so it is imperative that at every stage of the supply chain and various production processes – it is the role of the Quality Assurance Manager to coordinate and manage all checks from start to finish!
Reporting into the Head of Quality, you will be fully supported in creating and achieving the Quality Assurance plans. You will have lots of autonomy too – having full responsibility for quality assurance (including one direct report) throughout production and 3rd party suppliers which will keep you on your feet. Other responsibilities will include:
· Review, recommend and implement 2018-19 plan for continuous improvement of quality initiatives.
· Ensure all relevant systems and checks are in place across the site and continually monitor findings and make recommendations.
· Develop best practice across the different production areas of the site and supply chain.
· Raise profile of quality throughout operations and develop quality communication strategy.
· Full responsibility for all quality assurance activities with suppliers.
· Be responsible for all non-conformance reports for all supplier quality issues ensuring corrective and preventative action plans are put in place.
· Design and implement a complete Vendor Rating Scheme for suppliers and report on a monthly basis findings and key issues.
· Work with operating staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedures.
· Train and educate internal QC in quality assurance principals.
It goes without saying that you will assist the wider QA function with all accreditations and legislative requirements (ISO9001, ISO14001, FSC / PEFC) but you will also ensure supplier accreditations are up to date and compliant too. You will also be expected to produce high quality reports and documents using Microsoft packages, that truly influence our business.
What ‘wood’ I be like?
With over 300 unique employees, 25 eager managers and 4 very different sites, you will be a confident and assertive leader who can join together good practices and implement a consistent and standardised approach to the management of Quality throughout our supply chain.
Whilst we are not picky on you having a BSI qualification (although it would be good to have one), it is absolutely essential that you have worked as a QA Manager or Officer, and have experience in developing processes within a manufacturing environment.
You will be highly professional and methodical, with a personality that isn’t afraid to challenge and in fact, has buckets of courage to make decisions that may be against the norm.
If you are from the timber industry, you would be our absolute favourite but knowledge and awareness of our products is good enough for us.
This role would be perfect for someone really wanting to make a difference.
SCA Timber Supply UK comprises of 3 business streams located over 4 locations in Stoke-on-Trent, Welshpool, Cumbernauld and Melton with a combined manufacturing capability of 150,000m³ and 15,000m³ timber treatment facilities. These streams supply a range of timber and associated products to the UK’s home improvement and building materials sectors.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org