Transport Supervisor/ Internal Sales – Midlands – SRS Recruitment Solutions
Website SRS Recruitment Solutions
TRANSPORT SUPERVISOR / INTERNAL SALES
BUILDERS MERCHANTS – MIDLANDS
Vacancy No 3425
Are you seeking a role which involves assisting in major aspects of managing business of a well established Builders Merchants within the construction sector?
Our Client is a well established and highly recognised distributor of construction products in the Midlands area with an extensive range of products and solutions to meet their customer’s needs with a number of operations with an enviable reputation for quality of service.
Our Client is an independent, privately owned Builders Merchants with a mixed product portfolio encompassing Heavyside, Lightside, Plumbing & Heating and Bathroom products.
Due to continued success, they are looking to appoint a TRANSPORT SUPERVISOR / HEAVYSIDE INTERNAL SALES PERSON who can capitalise on their success by working in conjunction with the Branch Manager and further develop their business.
As this is considered a key role within our Client’s organisation they are willing to offer career advancement and a highly competitive salary package to the right Candidate.
Our Client is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Builders Merchants professional to identify and develop new business opportunities, along with ensuring all transport requirements are met and help to develop continue to drive the business forwards.
The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of all aspects required to ensure the profitable running of a Builders Merchants operation.
Transport Supervisor – Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- To supervise and support Drivers. To monitor the individual performance of Drivers and identify training as required.
- To ensure that all work is completed on a day to day basis with responsibility for planning priorities according to requirements of company and customers.
- Responsible for delivering exceptional customer service in line with company policy within the delivery function.
- To ensure Drivers maintain their vehicles in line with company policy.
- To ensure all deliveries are scheduled in the correct manner.
- To ensure driving hours and diesel are maximised to the best effect.
- Carry out daily inspections of delivery vehicles and loads for each delivery leaving the premises.
- Report any vehicle faults to the Branch Manager and Operations Department in line with Company procedure.
- Contact customers where necessary, i.e. for short deliveries and delayed deliveries, to ensure exceptional customer service at all times.
Heavyside Internal Sales – Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Responsible for achieving sales GP targets relating to the branch.
- Contribute to achieving branch performance targets.
- Audit quotations to ensure these are pursued and followed through.
- To ensure telephones are answered within company guidelines.
- To help deliver branch sales in line with sales targets by actively selling and promoting company products.
- To negotiate with suppliers and monitor customer orders to ensure smooth delivery for customers and 100% satisfaction.
- To deal with customers both in person and on the telephone, taking orders and helping to resolve customer problems, offering advice where possible.
- Build effective customer relationships to ensure that all sales opportunities are maximised.
- Contact key customers on a regular basis to review the company’s performance with them and address any issues.
- Work with the branches dedicated Key Account and Business Development Manager to generate business into the branch.
- Support marketing campaigns and promotions to ensure the maximum benefit is gained.
- To obtain quotes for special items from suppliers to ensure most cost effective option.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of products in order to deliver exceptional customer service.
- To provide cover for the trade counter as necessary.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the Company Dress Code Policy, Standards of Performance Policy and Health and Safety Policy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing the business by formulating a business strategy in conjunction with the Managing Director.
- Managing and developing the team.
You should be committed to delivering the best possible customer service and be seeking to grow your career within the Construction Materials Supply Sector.
Location/Area – MIDLANDS
Salary – NEGOTIABLE + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
To apply or to find out more contact Angela Adams on 01234 826450 Ext 3 or follow the link to email. Please remember to refer to the Vacancy No 3425 when applying for this position.
We are constantly seeking candidates within the Construction Material Sales Sector in the following roles:
Sales Manager, Account Manager, Area Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Specification Sales Executive, Specification Sales Manager, Branch Manager, Field Sales, Account Executive, Key Account Manager, Field Sales Executive, Field Sales Representative, National Account Manager, Account Executive, Territory Sales Executive, Area Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, Internal Sales, Sales Office Manager, Key Accounts Sales, National Account Sales, National Sales Manager and Sales Director.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com