Yard Customer Service Assistant – Banbury – John nicholls
Website John nicholls
Yard Customer Service Assistant
Responsible to: Yard Supervisor in the first instance & Branch Manager if the Yard Supervisor is not available.
Responsible for: No staff
Based: Banbury Building
Hours of work: 7.30am – 5.00pm (Monday to Friday) 08.00 – 12 noon (alternate Saturdays)
Job Purpose: To assist in all yard duties, to include loading and unloading of customer vehicles and suppliers vehicles. Serve customers and keep the yard clean and tidy.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Load customer vehicles safely
- Unload supplier vehicles safely
- Safely operate the forklift truck
- Check supplier delivery notes against actual delivered goods received
- Ensure all returns have a debit note and supplier return attached, and consult with the Branch Administrator if the relevant paperwork is absent
- Items to return to be stored in the supplier returns bay awaiting collection
- Assist the Yard Supervisor/Manager in day to day duties
- Ensure the yard area and entrance is kept clean, tidy and safe at all times and ensure that goods are maintained appropriately
- Responsible for delivering excellent customer service
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the Company Dress Code Policy, Standards of Performance Policy and Health and Safety Policy.
John Nicholls is a family run business that has been established for over 50 years. Whilst the company has expanded over the years with a current turnover of £50 million, the company’s family values remain embedded within the organisation, always ensuring constant delivery in terms of both the quality of its products and its customer service.
- Committed to delivering the best possible customer service
- Must hold a valid Counterbalance Forklift licence
- Report any Health and Safety issues to the Line Manager
- Health and Safety basic awareness required
- Bantam training desirable
- Shunt training desirable
If you would like to apply for this roles, please email your CV for the attention of our HR Business Partners, Sarah Payne and Kirsty Baijnath via the link below.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com