Yard Customer Service Assistant – Kidlington Building , Oxfordshire – John Nicholls
Yard Customer Service Assistant
Job Title: Yard Customer Service Assistant
Responsible to: Yard Supervisor in the first instance & Branch Manager if the Yard Supervisor is not available.
Responsible for: No staff
Based: Kidlington Building
Hours of work: 7.30am – 5.00pm (Monday to Friday) 08.00 – 12 noon (alternate Saturdays)
Job Purpose: To assist in all yard duties, to include loading and unloading of customer vehicles and suppliers vehicles. Serve customers and keep the yard clean and tidy.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Load customer vehicles safely
- Unload supplier vehicles safely
- Safely operate the forklift truck
- Check supplier delivery notes against actual delivered goods received
- Ensure all returns have a debit note and supplier return attached, and consult with the Branch Administrator if the relevant paperwork is absent
- Items to return to be stored in the supplier returns bay awaiting collection
- Assist the Yard Supervisor/Manager in day to day duties
- Ensure the yard area and entrance is kept clean, tidy and safe at all times and ensure that goods are maintained appropriately
- Responsible for delivering excellent customer service
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the Company Dress Code Policy, Standards of Performance Policy and Health and Safety Policy.
John Nicholls is a family run business that has been established for over 50 years. Whilst the company has expanded over the years with a current turnover of £50 million, the company’s family values remain embedded within the organisation, always ensuring constant delivery in terms of both the quality of its products and its customer service.
- Committed to delivering the best possible customer service
- Must hold a valid Counterbalance Forklift licence
- Report any Health and Safety issues to the Line Manager
- Health and Safety basic awareness required
- Bantam training desirable
- Shunt training desirable
Please follow the link below to send your CV via email.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org